20 Of The Best Housekeeping Tips
We have some great tips to keep your home in sparking new condition. These pro-active steps are here to help make the choses more effortless so you can spend more time doing the things you love!
- Sticker residue? Simple eucalyptus, olive or standard cooking branded oil with paper towel will remove anything remaining.
- Clean a blackened iron with salt – sprinkle several table spoons on a cloth over an ironing board, run the iron over the cloth several times on the cotton setting until the scorch marks disappear. Turn the iron off, leave to cool, and clean with a cloth.
- Remove pollen from flowers before bringing into your home, to save potential allergens – and dangers to pets. Simply trim the coloured stems inside the flower, for rosette style flowers, shake them before bringing inside.
- To stop odours inside your fridge – create a mixture of baking soda and lemon juice, stored in an open glass jar. The baking soda will absorb any unwanted smells!
- How to make a candle last longer? Place the candle inside your freezer for at least an hour prior to harden the wax – it will melt more slowly this way.
- Buffing marble benchtops with car polish leaves a thin invisible film that prevents against staining.
- Freshen trainer or gym shoes by sprinkling baking soda inside once a week or month [to your preference] – just tap out the excess and vacuum to clean before you wear them next. Be sure to let the baking soda sit overnight for best results!
- Toothpaste and a damp cloth can remove any pen or pencil marks from your table top.
- Freshen your microwave by heating a cup of lemon water on high – this will make the inside much easier to wipe down.
- To remove furniture indentations from carpet the simple method is ice! The tip is to test on an inconspicuous spot first, making sure if you have timber floors underneath that the water does not damage the wood. Do not use this method on any rugs or fibres incompatible with water cleaning. To repair the spot, simply place the ice cube over the affected area and leave to dry overnight, vacuum the spot the next morning and watch the dent disappear like magic!
- Light a match, and let burn for a few seconds to remove bathroom smells.
- To deter silverfish, use whole cloves in wardrobes and drawers.
- To remove fingerprints from stainless steel appliances, place a small amount of baby oil on a napkin and wipe the affected areas – the finger prints will melt away!
- Pet fur a problem? Remove all fur with a damp ruber glove, by sweeping over all furniture – the absolute most simple and cost effective way to remove fluff.
- Vacuum mattresses regularly particularly along the edges and piping details to remove skin cells which attract dust mites! For a deep clean, sprinkle with baking soda first and let sit for an hour or so.
- Deodorising garbage disposal so simple – ice cubes made of vinegar and water – simply put down the trap. Just rinse with water afterwards.
- Calcium build up on the showerhead can be very difficult to remove – fill a plastic bag with vinegar solution, attach to the head with a rubber band and leave overnight. Remove the following day and gently scrub with a brush.
- A top tip when cleaning is to start from the top – and dust before vacuuming, to ensure nothing is left behind.
- Clean and dust blinds with odd socks wrapped around your hand – such an easy way to pick up the dirt.
- Baking soda sprinkled onto your sofa before vacuuming will make the fabric smell fresh and new again.
Comments Off on 20 Of The Best Housekeeping Tips